Dienstag, 29. November 2011

Think of you being me....

eLearning look like in my context?

Think of you being in my role.....
speaking as a Lecturer I have to say that in this particular context, I have the responsibility to continuously keep up to date with the changing digital world so my learners’ learning is not wasted. With technology forever changing and a part of my students lives, I must be able to adapt and teach what is meaningful to you. Therefore according to Marzano and Pickering (1997) if I use technology in a meaningful way, a higher achievement level of understanding will be reached. Learners will begin to engage in using the technology in a context that will benefit them as it is used in some form of every learner’s life today.

Barriers and Limitations

There are no apparent constraints against eLearning in my context. However, there may be some hidden technical barriers such as the necessity of computer hardware and relevant resources. In my case this does not strand as a limitation, I have full access to computer hardware both at home and work. According to The Integration of Instructional Technology into Public Education (2005), wise use of technology takes adequate training from expert to teacher, teacher to student, time, planning and support from the school community. However I feel I have the correct knowledge and understanding of technology and consider myself ‘tech savvy’ which will allow me to teach technology in the classroom adequately.

What are the opportunities in my context?

I have the opportunity to use the technology presented to us today to transform higher education by creating life long learning. I strongly believe that eLearning has provided me with the knowledge I need about the digital tools that are available for the 21st century learners. According to a recent article written by Garrison and Anderson, pose “the enormous opportunities and risks that is presents for higher education”(2003, p8) although I bet to differ. As Learning Manager I would have not one problem teaching digital pedagogy.

Reference List

Earle, R.(2002).The Integration of Instructional Technology in Public Education. ET Magazine, 42(1) 5 – 13 Retrieved November 15, 2011, from http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic87187.files/Earle02.pdf

Education Queensland. (2008). Smart Classrooms BYTES. Retrieved 29th November 2011, from: http://education.qld.gov.au/smartclassrooms/pdf/scbyte-elearning.pdf

Knight, B. A., Lynch, D. (2010). The Theory and Practice of Learning Management: A text for the student of Learning Management. Frenchs Forest, New South Wales: Pearson Australia.

Learning Place: What we do. (n.d.). Education Queensland. Retrieved November 28th, 2011, from http://education.qld.gov.au/learningplace/what-we-do.html

Marzano, R.,Pickering, D, (1997). Dimensions of Learning, Teachers Manuel (2nd Ed.) Mid-continent Regoinal Educational Laboratory, Aurora Colorado.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen